Powered By Blogger

StatCounter

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Golf Carts now OK on Pine Island's side streets

My Zimbio
Top Stories

Last month the Lee County Commission (which governs Pine Island, since it is part of unincorporated Lee County) approved a new ordinance which allows golf carts on certain Pine Island streets, except for most of Stringfellow Road, which is the main in/out "highway" (two lane) on Pine Island.


Drivers must have a driver's license and golf carts can only be operated during daylight hours.  Also, golf carts must stay off the bike paths (thank
goodness!  I use our wonderful 17 mile bike path all the time!)  This ordinance reflects the low key, live and let live lifestyle we have on Pine Island...I don't know too many other areas you can drive golf carts on town streets.

Well, Tropical Storm Andrea brought buckets of rain (actually about 4 inches) to Pine Island last week.  Also, lightning took down my phone line
and internet for 36 hours, so I was forced into being relatively "unconnected".  The rain has really made everything green and this large
gopher tortoise is my frequent lawn munching visitor outside my office.
I took a 15 inch ruler and laid it down next to him...an impressive near 15"
long by 10" wide!
 
 


 

No comments: