Powered By Blogger

StatCounter

Friday, February 17, 2012

Don't forget the Great Backyard Bird Count Starts Tomorrow

This weekend (Feb 18 - 20), besides being Presidents' Day Weekend, marks the annual Great Backyard Birt Count.  I warmed up on my bird watching this morning, on my bike ride around Bokeelia, and saw many birds, including:  hawks, cormorants, anhingas, white and brown pelicans, great blue heron, yellow-crowned night heron, snowy egret, black and turkey vaultures, kestrel, plovers, killdeer, dowitchers, several types of gulls, mourning doves, woodpeckers, blue jays,  cardinals, grackels and bluejays.  This in addition to about a dozen more bird species I saw on a horseback ride yesterday.

You just can't beat Pine Island for enjoying bird watching, and the beautiful natural world.  For more info on participating in the Great Backyard Bird Count, go to http://www.birdsource.org/.

Here's a few pictures I took of birds this morning.


To find out more about Pine Island real estate, contact me, Erika Foye, broker for All Island Realty, Inc. at erikafoye@embarqmail.com. I am an accredited buyer's representative.  You can also search for Pine Island real estate according to your own search criteria at my real estate search website, http://www.pineisland.listingbook.com/.

No comments: