Powered By Blogger

StatCounter

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Waterspout over Pine Island Sound in Bokeelia

On my morning bike ride through Pineland this morning, I saw this waterspout just forming over Pine Island Sound.    Because of the threatening lightning, I quickly biked over to Tarpon Lodge, where a half dozen people, including my neighbor Mo who works there, watched an awesome waterspout form and stay over the water for about 10 minutes.  It looked to be several miles off shore, maybe over Boca Grande Pass.

Unfortunately, the battery in my camera died so I was only able to get a few fuzzy photos, but Mo is supposed to email me some more from his cell phone.  Well, it is officially mid May, so now we can expect some stormy summer weather from now until about early October.
I waited out the storm in the cool bar at the  Tarpon Lodge (no it wasn't open yet, so no bloody mary's for breakfast) watching the spectacular lightning show, then finished up my bike ride.  I'd say we got about 1 inch of much needed rain.

For more information about real estate on beautiful Pine Island, contact me, Erika Foye, real estate broker for All Island Realty, Inc., at erikafoye@embarqmamil.com.