Powered By Blogger

StatCounter

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Rains bring out the best of tropical Fruit on Pine Island



I've taken a long hiatus from my Pine Island blog, it was a busy winter and spring of 2018, but now that summer has arrived, along with our first tropical storm "Alberto" lurking off shore (heading towards Pensacola they say) I'm trying to get back to blogging about life on Pine Island.  This morning I visited my friend, Gabbie's,  tropical fruit farm.  All the trees were really enjoying the big rain of May (after a very dry winter).  She's got an amazing variety of tropical fruit including Bahamian cherries, pineapples, banana's, lychee, avocados, sapodilla, sapote, jack fruit and many different types of mango.







Through April, we only had a little more than 4 inches of rain this year.  But since May 1, we have had more than 9 inches of rain, and probably will get a couple more inches this weekend.  Gabbie gave me a fruit I've never tried "Star Apple", I will taste it and photograph and report on it later in my blog.  I am Erika Foye, Realtor and Real Estate Broker, living the island life in beautiful Bokeelia.  As an accredited buyer's representative, I enjoy talking about, blogging about, Pine Island, Florida.
To contact me, email erikafoye@embarqmail.com

No comments: