Powered By Blogger

StatCounter

Sunday, January 17, 2016

WIld windy weather in Bokeelia

My Zimbio
Top Stories

El Nino has brought wild and windy weather to Pine Island, the first few weeks of 2016.  Last week a tornado touched done just south of us in Cape Coral, and Friday one touched down in Fort Myers.
Too windy for me even for my usual Sunday bike ride, and paddle boarding is out of the question.
There's both riptide and small craft advisories.

Here's a few photo's of the docks (nearly under water) down by the Pineland marina.  With at least 6 inches of rain since the beginning of January, at least our water table is not in danger of drying out!



 
 
Above is a really interesting looking turtle that came out of the flooded fields near our house.  He (she?) had a shiny black domed carapace, with a sharp ridge running down the back and yellow prints shaped like a birds footprint on top.  I have never seen one before, I look it up and he is a box turtle, but not the type of box turtle (painted) I was familiar with from Pennsylvania.
 
Just another part of the beautiful natural world on Pine Island.
 

No comments: