Powered By Blogger

StatCounter

Friday, January 20, 2012

Excellent bird watching on Pine Island

My Zimbio  Yesterday was an excellent day for bird watching on Pine Island!  I started out on my bike ride just before dawn and noticed  not one, but two, beautiful great horned owls just across the street from my home in Bokeelia.


Then I biked down to Pineland, and went out on the pier on Batty's landing and found these two wood storks fishing on a low tide.
Then I continued on my bike ride to back bay Bokeelia, Jug Creek, and found a small flock of
beautiful White Pelicans.











Later in the day, I had lunch with my sister in law Anne Foye down at Hobo's in Saint James City (great fish chowder) and these two Bald Eagles had built a nest in the Australian pine trees near the Saint Jude Trail.

Pine Island is such a beautiful natural place, that provides habitat to an incredible number of bird species, as well as lots of mammals (otters, rabbits, squirrels, armadillos, possum, coyote, bobcate, bats, wild pigs and maybe even a panther), reptiles and amphibeans. Not to mention an incredible number of dragonflies and butterflys.
If you are interested in finding a home or land on Pine Island, contact me, Erika Foye, Real Estate Broker for All Island Realty, Inc. at erikafoye@embarqmail.com

No comments: