Powered By Blogger

StatCounter

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring arrives in Bokeelia, The White Pelicans Head Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories

I've been following the signs of Spring on Pine Island, many flowers on the Mango Trees and Silk Floss Trees, the whippoorwills are singing again at dawn and dusk, and the great flocks of giant white pelicans are thinning out...they are headed north, where to I'm not sure, Canada?  I will have to research it.

A small flock remains behind in Jug Creek in Bokeelia.  My unscientific theory is the very young and very old are maybe left behind, they can't make the long flight north?  This group of pelicans were there the other day, including my first ever sight of what I think a mom and baby pelican might be.





Real estate buyers are also flocking to Pine Island, that's the reason I haven't posted to my blog lately but I vow to post at least weekly from here on, Spring is a really great time here.

For more information about Pine Island real estate, contact me, Erika Foye, Broker for All Island Realty, Inc., at erikafoye@embarqmail.com.

No comments: