Powered By Blogger

StatCounter

Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Natural World on Pine Island

My ZimbioLately I've really been enjoying the natural world on Pine Island, Florida, even in my own Bokeelia Backyard.    I spent a morning pulling weeds (nightshade, because it is poisonous to animals) and as I did I was lucky enough to see three of my favorite Pine Island animal friends:  a baby gopher tortoise, an indigo snake and a swallow tailed kite.


All three of these creatures are typically seen in late Spring and Summer on Pine Island, as the baby turtles hatch, the swallow tail kites hunt other animals (mostly birds) hatchlings, and the snakes come out and shed their skins, also hunting other animals hatchlings.    Living on Pine Island can sometimes seem like living in an episode of National Geographic, we have so many wonderful species of both animal and plant life here.

I've also been busy visiting with family and representing three different buyers of Pine Island homes this month.  I am an accredited buyer's representative and real estate broker for All Island Realty, Inc. based in beautiful Bokeelia, Florida.  If you are looking for a really great, laid back, island lifestyle surrounded by nature, contact me, Erika Foye, at erikafoye@embarqmail.com. 

No comments: