Powered By Blogger

StatCounter

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bananas Grow on Pine Island in October

On my bike ride this morning, I noticed several banana trees bursting with green bananas at a home in Pineland.   Bananas in October.  I bet there are few other places in the continental United States where bananas grow in the fall.   With our semi-tropical climate, Pine Island is a great place to grow tropical fruit, besides bananas, other tropical fruits that grow here are papaya (fall and winter), lychee (summer), mango (summer), carambola, guava, jack fruit, dragonfruit and mullberries. 

You can buy aprons, totebags and T-shirts featuring Pine Island tropical fruits at my webstore, www.zazzle.com/Bokeelia*.  To find out more about Pine Island real estate, call me, Erika Foye, real estate broker for All Island Realty, Inc. at erikafoye@embarqmail.com.

No comments: