Powered By Blogger

StatCounter

Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall is here, eagles are back on Pine Island

First day of Fall arrived in Bokeelia and sure enough, I saw my first pair of bald eagles this season (though a week or so ago, I saw some single bald eagles.)  These were nesting in a dead pine tree near Howard Road in Bokeelia.  Pine Island is home to more than 40 pairs of bald eagles and you see them mostly fall through spring.  I am not sure where they go in the summer months, according to my Florida audubon book, they simply "disperse northward, out of state".

Pine Island is a beautiful, natural place with lots of conservation land.  To find out more about real estate on Pine Island, contact me, Erika Foye, Broker for All Island Realty, Inc. at erikafoye@embarqmail.com.

I also started a new webstore, selling unique Pine Island gifts featuring scenes of the natural world on Pine Island, go to www.zazzle.com/Bokeelia*
make custom gifts at Zazzle

No comments: