Powered By Blogger

StatCounter

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fall approaches on Pine Island

My Zimbio
Top Stories

August flew by, though lots of rain and heat held up my usual morning bike rides for most of the month.  I got back out on the bike path in Pineland and Bokeelia this morning.  The temperatures feel just a tad less hot and humid.

My mango trees (I believe are the Keit variety) are finally bearing nearly ripe fruit, September the last of the four months of mango season here.  I'll be picking them this weekend, peeling and freezing for coffee cakes when it is cool enough to cook.





Another sign of fall, I had a sighting a Baltimore Oriole this morning!  Usually they migrate through here in Spring and Fall, but it was awfully early to see one in September.  They are beautiful birds.

Hope to post more frequently now that fall and cooler weather is here.  For more info about Pine Island, contact me, Erika Foye, Real Estate Broker, at ErikaFoye@embarqmail.com.

No comments: